Parking Lot Maintenance Tips for NJ Property/Facility Managers
9 Tips for a Long-Lasting Commercial Asphalt Pavement
As a NJ property manager or facility manager you know just how hard the weather is and how hard traffic can be on your asphalt and concrete parking lots. If you are looking at your parking lot and are seeing potholes, alligator cracking and puddles then now is the time to contact FixAsphalt.com Your premiere asphalt contractor in NJ
1. Regular Maintenance Checks On Your Parking Lot
Inspecting your parking lot often is the easiest way to insure you address problems in your parking lot immediately. The longer you wait, the more expensive these repairs will become.
We recommend inspecting your parking lot in the spring, after winter is over and once again before winter begins.
In the spring, you should always check for any snow plow damage. You should also check for asphalt cracking, potholes and collapsing storm drains. It is important to note that any crack measuring ¼ to 1 should be repaired by crack filling. The sooner you address this damage, the longer your parking lot will last, and the less it will cost to repair.
Parking lot striping and ADA compliance should always be at the top of your list.
2. Check Your Catch Basins and Storm Drains
Catch basins work as a drainage system for your parking lot. They are built into an asphalt or concrete parking lot to redirect storm water.
All catch basins will settle or deteriorate over time. As water enters the basin, the joints between the frame and grate casting, blocks or mortar joints becomes weak. The water will eventually disintegrate the mortar. It's very simple.
When this happens, especially during the colder months, the water will expand and contract in the openings. This causes the mortar to “pop out”. This can cause a large issue in your parking lot.
In addition, cracks can appear around the perimeter of the catch basin and allow water to infiltrate the casting.
3 . Do You See Potholes?
The NJ market is notorious for wicked and crazy winters, damp and crazy springs, hot and humid summers and beautiful, yet wet falls. Put this all together and it makes pretty unstable conditions for your asphalt parking lot. Potholes and unexpected asphalt repairs can surface at anytime during these beautiful seasons.
We offer three (3) repair options all year long:
Remove & Replace; Infrared Repairs and Throw & Patch.
4. Crack Repair
The most important and cost effective preventative maintenance process you can have performed on your parking lot is hot rubberized crack sealing!
Crack sealing your asphalt will help prevent water from penetrating into your sub-base, which is a major cause of pavement failure and leads to alligator cracking.
By using state-of-the-art equipment to install DOT approved hot applied crack sealants (meeting or exceeding FAA, ASTM and DOT standards) we can install crack sealants that are designed to last.
5. Parking Lot Sealcoating
Since 2001, our team has offered asphalt sealcoating (and other pavement repair and maintenance) services to customers in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware & Maryland. If there's one thing we know well, it's asphalt!
Asphalt has a number of enemies. You know, things like extreme heat, extreme cold, oxidation, gasoline and other oils, and more.
Property managers sealcoat their driveways, parking lots, and other asphalt surfaces for protection! Sealcoating your asphalt is like equipping it with battle armor.
Periodic asphalt maintentenance can extend the life of your asphalt up to 30 years. When new asphalt is properly sealcoated within the first year, the surface will experience much less degradation from water, traffic, and UV damage from the sun. Sealcoating also protects against oxidation caused by harsh weather like heavy rain, snow, and ice.
6. Standing Water in Your Parking Lot
Standing water in your parking lot is a sure sign of base failure. There are four (4) main reasons for standing water:
Base Failure, Improper Drainage, Ruts or Divits in Pavement, Poor Compaction
7. Maintain you ADA Compliance
We can help you with all of your asphalt and concrete upgrades to comply with all current revisions to the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Concrete Sidewalk & Patch Of Travel Compliance
- Asphalt Parking Stall Milling & Paving For Slope & Grade Compliance
- Handicap Stall Pavement Marking & Traffic Sign Installation
- Tactile Pad Installations
- Engineering & Professional Services Available
8. Is Your Parking Lot Striping Clear
Parking lot striping is the first thing a customer or client sees when they enter your property.
The average cost to line stripe a parking lot depends on the quantity of pavement markings and whether the parking lot is being re-striped or a brand new layout.
We offer a full-service line striping & traffic sign crew to handle any size project you may require to be completed. We provide the following services:
- Line Striping- We install Latex Traffic Paint, Acetone Based Traffic Paint,
- Handicap Striping & A.D.A. Upgrades
- Traffic Signs Installation- We install standard and custom traffic signs
- Concrete Car Stop Installation
- Fire Lane striping and local code compliance
- Yellow Curbing
- Specialized Corporate Logos and Branding
9. Stay in Contact with the Premiere Asphalt Paving Company in NJ
What FIXASPHALT.COM Offers
That Our Competitors Don't:
- We listen to your expectations and then develop solutions tailored to fit the budget of your specific project.
- Our professionally trained pavement consultants build solutions for property owners and managers.
- Our consultants build solutions tailored to your specific asphalt/concrete project.We work specifically with commercial industrial property owners and managers.
- Our company is strictly a commercial paving contractor, not a driveway company.
- Our crews are trained to get in / out of your parking lots while minimizing impact on your tenants.
- We offer our pavement maintenance services after 5 PM and on weekends to fit your schedule.
- Our crews work on every aspect of your parking lot repairs: catch basins, line striping, pothole repairs etc.
If You Would Like A Free Evaluation: