Why Do I Have Cracks In My Parking Lot?
Parking lot crack repair is one of the most cost-effective ways to extend the life of your pavement surface. An effective pavement management plan includes annual hot-rubberized crack sealing before winter.
Cold Winters, where temperatures range between freezing and below, your pavement experiences expansion and contraction. This expansion and contraction can cause pavement deterioration. The deterioration causes potholes, cracks and eventually total asphalt and concrete failure. Failure to seal these types of cracks, with proper crack sealing materials, results in further cracking and will lead to expensive asphalt replacement.
It is important to begin a crack sealing program at the first sign of cracks developing. Hot-Rubberized sealants can be applied to your pavement all year long. Hot-rubberized crack repair can be completed before any asphalt seal coating or asphalt paving project by qualified paving contractors.
Fixing asphalt cracks in pavement with a hot-rubberized crack sealant will extend the life of your asphalt parking lot. Crack sealing, when used as an annual preventive maintenance program, will add value to your parking lot and save property owners money in the long run.
Who Uses Hot Rubberized Crack Sealing in NJ?
* Property & Facility Managers
* Homeowner (HOA) Communities
* Shopping Centers
* Apartments & Condominiums
* Office Complexes
* Industrial Parks
* Any owners / managers of asphalt parking lots
Top 5 Reasons to Crack Fill Your Parking Lot Before Winter
1) Waterproofing The Cracks: Crack sealing help prevent water from infiltrating down to the sub-base
2) Prevent Potholes: Cracks in your parking lot will eventually weaken the pavement, making asphalt potholes more likely. This is because asphalt expands and contracts in fluctuating temperatures.
3) Safety: If a customer damages their vehicle or suffers personal injury due to large potholes and cracks in your parking lot, you will be legally responsible.
4) Delay The Overlay: Making small repairs to your parking lot is less expensive than having to repave it.
5) Extends The Life Of Your Asphalt Pavement: Studies have proven that when crack sealing is completed, as part of a complete preventative maintenance plan, it will extend the life if your parking lot 10-15 years.
How Much Does It Cost To Crack Seal An Asphalt Parking Lot in NJ:
The average cost to crack seal an asphalt parking lot ranges from $0.60 lineal foot to $1.10 lineal foot. The cost depends on the total quantity of footage, preparation work, width & depth of the crack and the specification of materials used.